The Most Trusted Name for Rocklin Heating Replacement
Choosing the right heating installation requires an understanding of your home’s capacity to retain heat. Additionally, you should leave the heating replacement to the professionals to avoid expensive repairs down the road. Updating your heating system can help you save money and increase your comfort. While adding an energy-efficient furnace, you can also adopt a comprehensive energy-saving strategy. For example, combining regular equipment maintenance with recommended insulation, air sealing, and thermostat settings may save you hundreds of dollars per year in heating expenses.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right heating replacement for your home. You can effectively heat your home with a highly rated boiler or furnace. For example, boilers are best suited for buildings with floor areas ranging from 1,000 to 2,500 square feet. The annual cost of running a furnace can vary significantly depending on the energy source used, with gas-powered furnaces cheaper to run but more expensive to install than electric alternatives.
Have you considered heat pumps as a cost-effective HVAC solution? They’re less expensive to install and operate when compared to fuel-based and electric heating systems. The most significant drawback of using a heat pump is that its effectiveness diminishes when the outside temperature drops. Heat pumps are more practical and cost-effective in moderate climates, such as that in Rocklin.
If you live in Rocklin, contact one of our HVAC pros to schedule an in-home consultation. Here are some of the benefits of furnace replacement:
- Reduced likelihood of heating system breakdown
- Better air quality
- Decreased energy bills
- Increased energy efficiency
- Take advantage of the latest advances like smart technology
What Is AFUE and Why Does It Matter?
According to the Energy Star website, Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) can help you maximize the heating efficiency in your home. These ratings can help you shortlist heating systems that check off other boxes on your wishlist.
AFUE measures how much heat your furnace or other heating system produces per volume of fuel required. A high AFUE rating equates to lower fuel costs for both residential and commercial property owners. An AFUE rating of 80 means that the furnace replacement you have chosen will convert 80% of the fuel into energy, while the remaining 20% may escape through air leaks and other inefficiencies.
Many systems have AFUE ratings of 90 or better. These high-efficiency systems convert most of the oil or gas directly into energy to heat your house. Less efficient units might convert between 56% to 70% of the energy consumed into actual heat. Some less efficient systems are much cheaper than heating replacement options with a high AFUE. However, they’re worse for the environment and you end up paying more for energy each month.
Why does AFUE matter? The Federal Trade Commission requires AFUE ratings on all boilers, furnaces, boilers, and other heating solutions. That allows consumers to make a wise decision when it comes to comparing costs with efficiency.
The experts at Environmental Heating & Air Solutions will calculate the number of BTUs required to heat your property based on a load assessment. Before recommending a furnace replacement, our technicians first check out the AFUE ratings. Poorly constructed heating systems in Rocklin can result in substantial maintenance and energy costs, potentially costing you a fortune. So, choose the team committed to and known for seamless heating installations.