Air Conditioning Maintenance
It’s vital to have your home’s central A/C unit maintained and inspected regularly, preferably before and after summer. With these bi-annual check-ups, here are some of the following steps we will take to ensure your system is operating at peak performance all summer.
- The evaporator should be cleaned once a year, but it may not be accessible unless you hire a HVAC maintenance professional.
- Check and maintain the condenser, which in most homes is usually located outside. Here’s how.
- Most systems use a cooling liquid called Freon. Too much or not enough coolant can affect how well your system operates. Check the refrigerant levels and coolant lines, but never try to charge your refrigerant’s coolant lines.
- Test or replace the thermostat by locating it behind the control panel.
- Suspect a fan problem? We’ll the fan for loose or dirty blades by opening the cabinet and locating the fan before cleaning away any debris with a vacuum and soft cloth.
For professional maintenance that includes savings on any repair calls and installations please give one of our specialists a call or learn more about our maintenance agreement.