At Environmental Heating & Air Solutions we believe that customer education is very important. Here we have provided some basic terms that you may come across when dealing with HVAC contractors.
HVAC Systems Install
When it comes time to replace your system, Environmental Heating and Air Solutions can assist you in choosing the best indoor comfort system options for your home.
Part of our process of ensuring you are getting the right system for your home includes doing a load calculation and airflow analysis. Taking into consideration the measurement of the rooms and windows, the amount of attic insulation, and measurement the return and supply grills allow for us to properly suggest the right size equipment for your home’s needs.
There are many questions homeowners might ask themselves when looking into replacement options that may help us determine what would suit you best in your home. Do any members living in the home suffer from allergies or asthma, how sensitive are you to dust, or how often do you actually change out your filter?
When we come to your home to give you a FREE estimate, feel free to ask us any questions that you may have about a new system or even your indoor air quality options.
Environmental Heating & Air Solutions offers multiple rebates for your heating and cooling equipment. Learn More >>
Environmental Heating & Air Solutions offers multiple financing options. Learn More >>
HVAC Energy Efficiency Terms
- HVAC – Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning refers to technology of indoor and automotive environmental comfort.
- NATE – North American Technician Excellence is the nation’s largest non-profit certification organization for HVAC technicians.
- SEER – Seasonal Energy Efficient Ratio means that the SEER rating of a unit is the cooling output in BTU (British Thermal Unit) during a typical cooling season divided by the total electric energy input in watt-hours during the same period. The higher the unit’s SEER rating the more energy efficient it is.
- AFUE – Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency is a thermal efficiency measure of combustion equipment like furnaces, boilers, and water heaters.
- HSPF – Heating Seasonal Performance Factor is specifically used to measure the efficiency of air source heat pumps.
Environmental Heating & Air Solutions recommends maintenance on all of your HVAC equipment. Learn More >>