January 16, 2013
If you’re looking to purchase a high efficiency HVAC system, 2013 is your year! On December 31, president Obama and Congress passed 2013 heating and cooling tax credits for high efficiency systems. The credit works retroactively to benefit pre-purchasers of high efficiency systems back to January 1, 2012. If you think it is time to upgrade your current HVAC system, do it in 2013! Don’t wait too long, because the high efficiency tax credits expire on December 31, 2013.
2013 HVAC Tax Credit Details
- Heating Systems and Furnaces: $150 for natural gas furnaces, propane furnaces, oil furnaces, oil boilers, and propane boilers.
- Central Air Conditioners: $300 for an AC unit that meets the highest tier standards set by the CCE. Most air conditioners need to have a SEER of 16.
- Water Heaters: $300 for gas or propane water heater and $300 for heat pump water heaters.
- Biomass Stoves: $300 for anything from agricultural crops, plants, grasses, tress, fibers, wood wastes and residues to pellets. The stove must be used to heat a dwelling unit or heat water.
- Fans for heating and cooling systems: $50 for any advanced main air circulating fan